Searching for something to do in Las Olas? Find out about the best spots in the area
When it comes to Ft. Lauderdale, sometimes it feels as though there are too many things to do. The city is a beehive of activity, especially when the sun goes down. In order to help you navigate all that the area has to offer, we’ve narrowed down some great places that are definitely worth a visit.
It may be worth moving to Las Olas for the food alone! When it comes to tasty restaurants, the area is NOT short in supply. Here are three restaurants that will have your mouth watering:
- Chima Brazilian Steakhouse: If you’re a meat lover, Chima is the place for you. Here, you will find your pick of over 15 tender rotisserie meats such as ribs, filet, top sirloin, and lamb. There’s also a sizeable salad bar that boasts both American and Brazilian-inspired dishes.
- Indigo Restaurant: No matter what meal you’re after, Indigo has your fix of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The menu is overflowing with savory items such as fresh seafood and international fare.
- 15th Street Fisheries: This award-winning establishment is located in the Lauderdale Marina, so it’s no surprise that the seafood is off-the-boat fresh. In addition to excellent cuisine, the restaurant offers a beautiful waterfront dining landscape
Music, fun, and good times
The night doesn’t have to end once you’re done eating. To keep the party going into the wee hours, check out these three spots:
- McSorely’s Beach Pub: At McSorley’s, you can sit back and relax with a nice cocktail or play your favorite song on the jukebox. This spot has some of the best happy hour specials in town and their rooftop lounge provides a spectacular view of the beach.
- Rock Bar: DJ’s keep this place pumping most nights, so there’s always an opportunity to dance. The menu features traditional American food, but there’s nothing traditional about their expansive selection of Margaritas.
- Elbo Room: If live music is more your thing, you’ll want to run to the Elbo Room, which dates all the way back to 1938. Almost every day of the year you can watch live bands beachside in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
Lights, camera, action
If you love nothing more than grabbing a bag of popcorn and a good flick, there are two fantastic movie theaters near Las Olas.
- The Classic Gateway Theatre: The Classic Gateway Theatre has been showing flicks for over 60 years. Now they feature a mix of independent films along with some of the newest stuff out of Hollywood. The theatre also contains a café and newly-renovated auditoriums with reclining seats.
- Cinema Paradiso: What started as a religious building is now one of the hippest movie theaters in all of Ft. Lauderdale. Cinema Paradiso shows the latest independent films and is home to the Ft. Lauderdale International Film Festival every year.
Has this convinced you that Las Olas is the place to be? Get in touch with Tim Singer & Associates. We can find you a home close to these spots as well as the many other amenities this beautiful neighborhood has to offer.